Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween, an excuse to dress slutty. UGH!

Why is it that whenever Halloween comes around all the costumes for women are slutty?  Or at least the ones you find in the store.  You have to make it if you want a modest costume.  It's cheaper anyway.  I just took a peek at the costumes on the walmart website and so many have titles with the word "sassy" in it.  I'm sorry, but call it what it is, SLUTTY!  It makes me really grateful that I am having all boys.  I won't ever have to tell my daughter no when she wants to wear a "sassy" costume because all her friends are and because it's "really cute".

As for me, I am going to be Minnie Mouse, a pregnant Minnie.  Oh no Mickey!  I have a black maternity skirt that I am going to attach a tail and poka dots to and then where a red shirt and my Minnie ears.  Cost, $10 for the red shirt.  And I can wear the red shirt again.  So, no thank you walmart, you can keep your "sassy"(SLUTTY) Minnie costume.

This year we will have one Indiana Jones, one Woody, one pregnant Minnie, and if I can get Jake to cooperate, one Mickey.  It's a Disney Halloween for us this year.  How about you?  What are you going to be?

4 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I found a purple witch's hat I had to buy, so that's what I'll be. Elena is going to be Cinderella (my niece was that last year, and she's getting Elena's previous costume- good thing they're the same size!). Isaac is going to be a ninja, which we did buy at Walmart, but is incredibly modest (probably because it's a boy thing!). I doubt Mike will dress up, but that's fine. I'm excited!

Lissy said...

Had to laugh! That is so true! Not sure if I will dress up this year or just dress up Lily. A slutty Minnie costume - so funny to imagine! They can make anything slutty these days it seems. :)

Ashley said...

I totally agree! It's SO hard to find adult costumes that are actually cute and not slutty! That's why I love dressing my kids up SO much more than dressing myself up. I love your costume idea! I'm not sure if I'll still be pregnant on Halloween or not, but if I am I figure I'll either be a pumpkin or a pregnant witch, all in black with a witch hat on. :)

Francesca said...

I totally agree! I worked at Party City during Halloween last year and was aghast at the costumes women and their teenage daughters bought. I want to see a picture of your costume!