Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brace Yourselves, this is a long one!

My baby Kurtis is now 8 years old!!! I can't believe it!  He has become such a handsome young man.  He has a clear sense of right and wrong and he is so kind and sensitive  others around him.  He loves me when I yell, he always forgives and makes me want to be better!  I love him so much and am so proud of the young man he is becoming!  He had a great party.  We had it at the Aquaplex!  The kids got all hopped up on cake and ice cream and then went swimming and rock climbing!  They had so much fun!  Kurtis said it was his best birthday ever!  I really wanted it to be!

 Opening presents!  Got a new scooter from Grammie!  Thank you he LOVED it!  Below is Kurtis with Millie and Ben about to go rock climbing!

Then came January 9th, 2010.  The day my Kurtis chose to be baptized!  It was one of the greatest days of my life!  I cried so many times throughout that day!  I was crying because I was SO PROUD of Kurtis, I was crying because I was remembering my baptism day.  I was crying because I was wishing my dad could have been there(physically).  I felt his presence with me that day!  Jesse, Rachel and the boys came up along with Brent, Mom and Heidi for Kurtis' baptism.  I was so happy to have them there!  Jake's parents came down from Hurricane for the day, I love them and truly do have the BEST in-laws.  My best friend Brieanne Martin was there with her husband and children and she cried as much as me!  I love that woman!  My good friend and mentor Debbie Hill was there too!  She is not of our faith, but she is a spiritual woman and it meant a lot to me that she would come.  The really cool thing about Kurtis baptism is that he got to share his baptism with his 2 best friends, Micah and Weston Cureton!  It was a wonderful day for all!

Father and Son


Proud Mom and Dad!

The Sunday after the baptism Rachel, Jesse and the boys stayed at our house for the night.  Jake and I introduced them to Country Rock Band.  We had so much fun!  Gunpowder and Lead baby!


Pretty much my most favorite picture EVER!!!  Rock out Rach!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww, sweet pictures! I love that dress you're wearing, you look so cute!

Unknown said...

Haha! I look like the devil:)

Jeremy and Cindy said...

It is hard to believe that our children are growing up so fast. It does seem like just yesterday that Kelsi and Curtis were in nursery together. Curtis now eight and Kelsi will be eight in March. Glad to hear it all went well.