Thursday, December 25, 2008

Catch up

I'm going to post about a few things because I forgot to post some pics of recent events. First, Thanksgiving weekend. We went to San Diego for Tommy's wedding and had a good time seeing everyone there. Erin did my hair while I was there and it turned out great. She just trimmed my hair, so the style wasn't different, but she did some highlights and I thought they turned out great. The best part? It was FREE!





Before












After!







Tommy & Lauren. Aren't they so cute?








Next was Kurtis' 7th birthday. I know, it is hard to believe that he is 7. He has such a sweet spirit and is such a tender-hearted child. I don't know what we would do without him in our family! Kurtis wanted to go to IHOP for his birthday dinner so we braved the snow storm and went out to dinner and he got to open his presents at IHOP and our waitress even gave him a free sundae! Does life get any better? I don't think so. We had a good time and according to him it was the "best birthday of his life!"

















Lastly is Christmas. We sure did have a good one. The Sunday before Christmas we did our Secret Santa delivery to a family in our ward who was in need. It was a great family night. Kurtis and Jake did the drop and hauled it back to the car. Then we sang Christmas Carols in the car on the way home while looking at Christmas lights in the neighborhoods around our house. Then Christmas Eve I made a turkey dinner. We had some good friends over with their kids and we all had a good time. After dinner we played games and then dressed the kids up to recreate the Christmas story. Even though Sean was dressed as the angel, he was a mean one. He kept pushing the shepard out of the way, grabbing at her head covering and when my friend put him up on the chair to declare glad tidings to the shepard, he whacked her on top of the head. We all started cracking up at that point. The kids were really cute.
Sean - the angel


Meghan - the shepard with her "flock" Bear-Bear & Puppy

Kurtis - Joseph

Micayla - Mary


Ryan(Micayla's Dad) - Donkey

Jacob - The Narrator


The baby Jesus (yes, those are pink pjs)


Declaring good tidings of great joy! (Before he hit her. Maybe he was trying to get her attention.)



The shepard coming to see the newborn King.


Then Christmas morning came. I woke up with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for what I have been given. I have a wonderful life. I have an amazing husband and beautiful children who love me. My husband has been blessed with a good job so I can stay home with our kids. I have a Heavenly Father and Savior who love me so much and give me more than I deserve. I am so grateful for all that I have been given. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to reading all about them!


Me and my boys!


Kurtis & me out in front of the movie theatre. We went and saw Bedtime Stories. It was really cute! Thank you Grandma Shiela for the scarf, gloves and hat. I love them!


With all our love to you and yours,

The Barnums

9 comments:

brooke said...

Looks like you've had a fabulous Christmas! So glad!! I've been hearing about all the snow you've been getting.

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Those are SUCH adorable pictures you posted and your new hair looks great!

Amber said...

Love your hair. The kids look so natural as actors in the nativity story. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

glad you had fun! your kids are super cute and i love them in the nativity scene. merry christmas!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Glad to hear that your holidays have gone so well. Crazy to think that Kurtis is seven. Kelsi will be seven in March. They are growing up way too fast.

Erin and Dave said...

Sean looks SOO cute!! I'm glad you had a good christmas! I miss you :(

Me said...

YAY! You blog too!

I can't believe Kurtis is 7! You have some handsome boys!

Ruth said...

Thanks for the updates! I can't believe how old your little brothers are!! It looks like you had such a fun Christmas! And I love your hair! Celeste's email is andrewsceleste@yahoo.com sorry that took so long! I'm sure she would love to hear from you - she's actually living in San Marcos right now going to the single's ward. My little girl's name is Marianne Grace by the way - I didn't put it on my blog because it's not private

Erin said...

hey! Cute pictures! Can I get your address? I would like to send you a wedding invite. I know it might not be feasible to come, but I would like to send ya one! My email is mcwhirtererin@hotmail.com Thanks!