Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Word of Warning

Please, PLEASE! Learn from my experience. If you have a flat screen LCD or Plasma Screen TV you need to read this! A couple of weeks ago, I was fixing lunch for Kurtis. He asked if he could watch a movie while eating his lunch at the table. I said yes, so Kurtis went to turn on the TV. When he did, I noticed the screen was completely black and upon closer inspection I noticed a crack in the liquid crystal. Kurtis had a new styraphome plane with a plastic tip that he had been flying around the house that morning. When I saw the crack I knew what had caused it. I asked him if his plane had hit the TV. He asked, "Will you be mad?" I said, "I'll be more mad if you lie to me." He told me that it had hit the screen while he had been playing. I was so angry, not at him, but at the money that TV had cost us. It was like flushing that money down the drain, because if the liquid crystal in an LCD screen is cracked, it costs more to repair than if you were to buy a brand new TV. I read the manual and found out that an LCD screen is so fragile that if you even push too hard on the screen, like when you're cleaning it, it will crack. So I am passing on this knowledge to you to save you time and money. Of course I checked with our manufacturer, but kids aren't covered under any kind of warranty. To protect your TV, I would suggest investing in a screen protector. They are quite resonable, between $100-300 depending on the size of your TV. You can do a google search for LCD screen protectors or you could try one site that we found. www.tvarmor.com

1 comment: