Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolutions

Every year I make New Years Resolutions, but I don't know that I ever take them seriously because I feel like it is the same thing over and over again.  My mom gave a great talk in church the Sunday after Christmas about New Years Resolutions and to take a different approach, by coming up with a theme for the year.  Hers was "Closer to Heaven in 2011".  She said that by focusing our goals around a theme that it will be easier to refocus on what we are hoping to accomplish.  I really liked that idea so I decided to come up with my own.

My theme for the new year is A.S.A.P.  Which will stand for "Always Say A Prayer".  I have felt the need to come closer to God and what better way than to A.S.A.P.?  Prayer is our direct line to God and a way to get to know Him intimately and come closer to Him.  So my goals to go along with my theme are these:

1. Have family prayer morning and night
2. Have my individual prayers morning and night
3. Offer prayers in my heart when I need strength and cannot pray allowed.
4. Encourage my children to say their personal prayers.
5. Have couple's prayer with my husband.
6. Read scriptures daily on my own and as a family.

So there you have it!  My new year's theme!  A.S.A.P.!

2 comments:

brooke said...

that is a good idea. i've been meaning to do something like that this year, thanks for the reminder!

joshbeth said...

Great idea...I LOVE it!!