Saturday, November 22, 2008

I give it 3 1/2 stars!

I went to go see Twilight last night with some friends. I was satisfied and disappointed at the same time. I was actually surprised about how much I liked who they chose to play certain characters. With the exception of Eric. Hello? He was WAY too pretty! He's supposed to be some chess geek with acne, not some good looking kid who is head of the school newspaper! Also Bella was just a little too sure of herself and composed in places where she should have been falling apart. Other than that I liked all the characters. There were some really good scenes too. For example, when Edward and Bella have their first kiss. If that doesn't get your heart going then check your pulse! It made me want to go home and make out with my husband like that! I also thought the first time you see the Cullens in the movie was more dramatic than the book.
I was disappointed how they over developed the threat of other vampires in the area and did not develop the characters themselves and their relationships with each other, like the friendship between Bella and Alice. I am trying not to give things away, but I was very disappointed at the lack of character development. They tried to cram everything in toward the end so it felt rushed and was not as suspenseful as the book was. You will miss a lot if you have not read the book before going to see this movie.
Would I recommend this movie? Yes, but only if you've read the book because there will be too much that you won't understand. Would I go see it again? Yes, because let's face it, Robert Pattinson is HOT in this movie! Will I buy the DVD when it comes out? Yes, because I won't be able to help myself.

2 comments:

Erin Hoy said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! I didn't think that the Cullens were pretty enough... before I saw the movie! When they introduced them all it was hard not to stare and say: "OOOO PRETTY!"

Jessica said...

So TRUE!