Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Okay, I'm pathetic!

So I finally relented and read the Twilight books. Oh my GOSH! So good! I read them all in about 5 days. I am now waiting on the edge of my seat for the first movie to come out. Although I already know that I won't like it as much as the book. There is something about reading, for me, that takes me to another place. I can see and feel what is happening and a movie just cannot, for time constraints, include the kind of detail that I see in my mind. That being said, I will go see it anyway, and when it comes out on DVD I'll buy it because I have become addicted. So, it's official, I'm pathetic.

7 comments:

brooke said...

I totally read them too! Loved them, of course. And I especially liked the first and last books. The only thing that bugs is the name "Renesmee"...lame.

Sarah said...

Ditto on the name... soooooo lame! I mean, come on Meyer! You couldn't think of something better to add to your vampire world? I loved them too, but the last book was getting a little too "hero's" on me with the huge battle scene. I felt like I was reading from an X-men comic book. Don't hate me! :) Regardless, I loved the series anyway. And I really like 'The Host' too!

Allison said...

I completely agree with your feelings. I don't know why I feel so pathetic to have read them. Maybe because they truly are a guilty pleasure. I LOVE EDWARD!Can't wait to see the movie but know I'll probably be disappointed. Maybe we can go when you're in town for Thanksgiving - if you can wait that long. (I know Tim won't want to go with me.)

Holman Family said...

im soo excited for the movie too!It's okay allie, nate wont come to see it with me either. Let's have a girls night out and go to the movies!! :)

Jessica said...

YES! YES! YES! I would LOVE to do a girls night out with you and Jessica. I can already tell you that I can't wait that long. I am planning on going to see it with my friend Carrie up here. But, I know I won't mind seeing it twice. And Alli, I totally agree with your sentiments about Edward.

Ironygirl said...

I have been avoiding those books like the plague because I would most certainly fail out of my Master's program. -sigh- I will start the day after my last class!

Erin Hoy said...

Read the books in 2 weeks and fell in LOVE with Edward... Glad you enjoyed them! 13 days until the movie